Invasive Plant Removal
- Remove Canadian thistle from SE corner of wm2 lower tier
Thistle has a thick and prickly body and leaves. Best to pull it after a rain. Wear gloves.
- Remove sweet clover - not widely distributed, but we need to stay on it.
Also good to remove after a rain by pulling
- Bindweed or wild morning glory - SE of WMII under walnut tree
Keep plastic in place to smother it.
- Pull buckthorn from Palace of Nature
Anytime, but especially after a rain. The little seedlings will keep coming up, but they are easy to pull.
- Path maintenance
The new east to west path needs to be weeded and stomped from time to time.
- Protect wafer ash w tree cage and sign at north end
Two tree cages and signs
- Sandbox sign
Welcome sign and also remind people to play within the sandbox (and don't throw the rocks)
- Weed and woodchip and plant north end of palace of nature
Careful of the new redbuds coming up. Plant more wild strawberries and cinqfoil.
- Build 7 Tree cages
easy: 3 ft tall fence with 2x4 slots, 36 inch circumference (17-19 2" sections), 3 foot metal stake
- Build a New path from kiosk to bench
- Update signs in kiosk
- Caulk kiosk
- UV protection for kiosk